For Customer Upload, Customization is the Key
Our Customer Upload feature has long been an easy and popular feature that allows our users to receive files of any size from their customers and clients using a unique link that can be shared by email or incorporated into a website. We’ve long offered the ability to personalize how a MYDOCSONLINE Customer Upload page looks and acts, with options that include:
- Free “branding” which replaces our logo with that of our user’s company.
- The ability to “suppress” display of the logo when embedded on a user’s website.
- The optional display of a “Done” button that allows customers to repeat the upload process multiple times to add more files.
And now we’ve added more customization features:
- The default “Upload files to…” heading can now be replaced by custom “instructions” that can include html markup.
- The prompts “Who are the files from” and “Your email address” can be customized to reflect how the user interacts with their customer. For instance, one of our users prefers “Name of Cardholder” and “Email of Cardholder“.
- The normally optional “Comment” can also have a custom label and be made a required field. The user described above, for instance, prefers “Order # and Additional Comments“.
We released our New & Improved Share feature six weeks ago, and here are some interesting statistics:
- 50% of Shares used the option to generate a link the user sends directly to recipients
- 50% of Shares used My Docs Online to deliver the link via email
- 10% of Shares used a “Smart Label” (introduced with the release for the Web Client, but not yet available in the Desktop App)
- 8% of Shares used the Password option
- 99% of all Shares included 30 or fewer files
- 59% of all Shares were for a single file, while about a third were for between 2 and 10 files
- Among accounts using the Share feature, the top 20% averaged 53 Shares each, while the bottom 20% have done a single Share
There is the expected “long tail” when you look at the number of files in a particular Share, with a few Shares including hundreds of files. (more…)
The Web Client Notification Flag feature, previously beta tested with support for Administrator IDs only, has been released for all group users (Web Client only). If email notification is ON for Customer Upload for a particular user, the new indicator will also alert that user graphically:
Clicking on the white flag will drop down a lost of Customer Upload notifications, and clicking on a particular notification will directly open the folder where the new file(s) are located.
For more information see the FAQ.
We also recently added a new feature for Customer Upload — individual links for individual users in your group account. This can give individual employees their own unique link to send to customers, with the resulting subfolders and files created by the Customer Upload process delivered, along with notification, to that employee’s private folder.
If you are interested in exploring how to leverage this new feature email support for a consultation.
Administrators have always been able to set email notification rules for file and folder Uploads, and now those same rules can be extended to generate notifications for file Move and Copy, and also for Delete.
File Move notification, and in the case of the Desktop App File Move and File Copy notification, is currently be set by our support staff at your request. The same notification rules in place for Upload Notification control who gets notified.
Optional Delete notification can also be turned on, again using the same Upload Notification rules already in place.
This new feature is available for the Desktop App and also for the newest Web Interface.
The feature is not available for Personal Edition accounts.
If you want one or both of these notification options turned on for your account email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your ID, and whether you want Move/Copy Notification, Delete Notification, or both.
An update this week to the My Docs Online Desktop App allows Administrators to pick and choose what actions group members can use. For instance, if you want all file accesses to be via “Lock & Open” you can “turn off” View, Download, etc. You can set overall rules for the entire group and then make exceptions for specific users.
These controls are in addition to the standard permissions, which control overall access to files in a folder.
Also new in this release is control over the length of Locks for Lock & Open processing, which can now be set to 24 hours, 7 days (the default) or “Until Unlocked”. Using the “Until Unlocked” option essentially turns the Lock & Open feature into a “Check-Out/Check-In” operation giving long-term control of a file or document to a particular user. Of course the administrator always has the option of overriding a lengthy Lock by using “Foce Unlock”.
As always, the update to the Desktop App is automatic the next time you open the application. For additional details clock “Help…Help Topics” in the Desktop App, or follow the detailed instructions on the Account Settings screens.
The Desktop App, available for both Windows and Mac users, is becoming more and more popular for everyday use by our customers, and by our customers’ customers. Now you can opt to use a custom version that displays your logo on the sign-in screen and on the file list screen, like this example below for the STEP Program for BMW of North America, LLC.
How can you get your logo incorporated into your own copy of the Desktop App?
Send a request to email@example.com. Tell us your group admin ID and attach a logo (or point us to your website so we can find a logo there).
We’ll do the work and send you back a unique link you can share with your customers and users.
If you don’t yet have a My Docs Online account there is no time like the present to get started. You can sign up for a free My Docs Online trial account here.