We released our New & Improved Share feature six weeks ago, and here are some interesting statistics:
- 50% of Shares used the option to generate a link the user sends directly to recipients
- 50% of Shares used My Docs Online to deliver the link via email
- 10% of Shares used a “Smart Label” (introduced with the release for the Web Client, but not yet available in the Desktop App)
- 8% of Shares used the Password option
- 99% of all Shares included 30 or fewer files
- 59% of all Shares were for a single file, while about a third were for between 2 and 10 files
- Among accounts using the Share feature, the top 20% averaged 53 Shares each, while the bottom 20% have done a single Share
There is the expected “long tail” when you look at the number of files in a particular Share, with a few Shares including hundreds of files.
Another major aspect of the enhancements to the Share feature is the addition of Share Management, which gives users a lot of control over Sharing, with the ability to cancel, extend, and change passwords on Shares, and also a wealth of activity logging for each Share, all located in one central location.
Details on File Sharing and Delivery, Share Management, and administrative controls are in the FAQ.