You need to send a large file to someone, a really large file. Something so big it can’t possibly be emailed and your customer needs it today. Let’s say you also need confirmation that your customer downloaded the file. Well if you’ve got a My Docs Online account (if you don’t set up a free trial) sending that file is as easy as following these three simple steps.
- Upload the file into your My Docs Online account. Since we’re talking about a really large file I’d suggest you use our Transporter product to upload the file. It will compress the file during the upload which speeds the process considerably.
- Once the file has been uploaded log into your account at MyDocsOnline.com, click the checkbox next to the file name and click the green “Give” button. From the next screen just enter the email address of the person you want to receive the file and click Done. An email will be sent out with a link that they can download the file from.
- You wanted to know whether or not the person has downloaded the file, right? To find that out just log back into your account, click the checkbox next to the file you sent and then click the details button. You’ll see something that looks like this showing the date and time of the file that’s been downloaded.
File Was “Given” To 1 Users
- [email protected]
- Comment you provided when you gave the document to this user No comment was provided with this file
- Given to this user Aug 19, 2009 09:31ET
- First download Aug 19, 2009 09:34ET
- Re-send file link using your email client (Use this link to send to the original recipient only)
- Cancel file delivery for this user and this file
You see here that the file was sent on August 19th at 9:31 AM EST. It was downloaded by the recepient at 9:34 EST. So that’s it – a simple 3 step process for securely delivering really large files. If you have any questions please contact us and we’ll be happy to walk you through the process.